Advanced Control Technology With Next-Gen D4 Series Valves
Combining advanced control unit technology with the next generation D4 Series valves provides the most sophisticated solution in the SPX FLOW hygienic valve range.
SPX FLOW continues to expand the options available on our new D4 Series double seat mix-proof valves. The CU4plus control unit is currently available in the popular AS-i Extended bus protocol for all D4 Series valve types.
The CU4plus on the D4 Series has an innovative design which features a fully integrated position and seat lift detection (SLD) without external sensors:
- Internal sensors detect all critical positions (open, closed, upper and lower seat clean)
- NO external wires exposed to washdown and mishandling
- Extra security to monitor seat positions during both processing and cleaning
- Sleek design and appearance for hygienic environments
- Easy retrofit onto existing D4 Series installations or as part of an upgrade insert on DA3+ double seat mix proof valves
Same attractive control unit features that are available on our APV and Waukesha Cherry-Burrell hygienic valves including:
- Quick and simple set up through the push of one button via the “Teach-in” function, saving commissioning time
- Accurate and reliable control with high-resolution integrated measuring system
- Ultra bright LEDs for clear indication of valve position, power, and solenoid activation
- Advanced toolbox software provides:
- Ability to monitor the valve open/close times, number of strokes, operating hours, feedback position trends, and power status
- Flexibibility to adjust to different valve type profiles
- Predective maintenance functionality via service connection to PLC
- IP67/NEMA 6 watertight enclosure withstands the harshest washdown environments
The CU4plus has proven and successful installations globally for customers who want state-of-the-art monitoring and control. The CU4plus is available to select and quote on all valve types using the pricing tools and configurators including eSales.