Fluid Processing Engineered Skid Systems Fabricated, Assembled and Delivered Ready for Operation.
From modernization to expansion, you can count on Anderson Dahlen as your partner on improving your production line and manufacturing processing skid systems. Reduce maintenance cost, increase volume while reducing material waste, and overall production cost.
Modular Process Systems, commonly referred to as Skidded systems, are fast becoming the preferred method of integrating a new process into existing facilities. The equipment is fully built-in a manufacturing environment, tested and the process proved before they are shipped and installed. The net result is less downtime for installation and faster start-up times.
Why Anderson Dahlen should be your Go-To manufacturer for skidded systems:
- Engineering and design staff
- Proven manufacture of stainless-steel components
- Extensive systems integration expertise, both skids, and stick-built
- Superior quality culture including ISO 9001 Compliant
- Commitment to on-time delivery of fully tested systems
- Partnerships (as a distributor) with SPXFlow, Graco, Alfa Laval, Anderson-Negele, Ace Sanitary, and Devalan
- Facility for clean, quality builds and testing of a wide range of skid systems
- FAT Final Acceptance and Testing areas, equipment, and expertise
- In-plant installation expertise for mechanical, electrical, and control integrations with your full plant
The important infrastructure provided in skidded systems is growing in importance for the food, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, beverage, cosmetics, and many other manufacturing verticals. Todays skid systems are evolving into more complex, high-quality systems. Going beyond the basic materials of SS 304L or 316L, customers are now demanding ultra-high purity stainless, Hastelloy, AL6XN, with extremely high finish quality up to 5-10RA and electropolishing. Weld procedures, qualifications, weld mapping, video boroscoping, elastomer and glass certifications, material documentation are all being elevated to a new high level. Sanitary flow components are now being specified to a new level of technology and quality. Automation is sophisticated; PLC automation and touch-screen HMI controls including remote process control and troubleshooting are the standard now.
Skid systems growth is part of the manufacturing evolution in the USA to be more efficient and flexible. The more traditional stick-built systems are becoming less attractive for major brands as they move out of having specialists in fabrication in addition to their product processing expertise. They are more and more focusing on manufacturing their product and leaving the process system fabrication to high-quality stainless-steel fabrication and systems integration companies like Anderson Dahlen. This saves them time and money with increased quality of their systems.
Skidded Systems Showcase Anderson Dahlens Growing System Integration Capability
Customers involved in Food, Dairy, Beverage, and Pharmaceutical manufacturing have called upon Anderson Dahlen for many years to partner and manufacture these modular systems.
Skidded Systems can help make these improvements in your next process build:
- Production Output, Speed & Efficiency
- Production Processes (chemical)
- Product Quality & Consistency
- Industry Compliance
- Equipment Cost
- Maintenance Costs
- Materials Waste
- Overall New Process Build Time and Cost
Reduce maintenance cost, increase volume while reducing material waste, and overall production cost.
Skidded systems are the perfect solution for the food, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, beverage, cosmetics, and many other manufacturing verticals.
Skidded systems keep growing in popularity because of:
- Higher quality standards that are becoming more difficult to meet
- Importance of speed to market. The ability to have a skidded system designed, built, and fully tested in parallel with site preparation is a major time safer
- Improved documentation for operation and maintenance. The TOP turnover package for a skidded system is typically much more comprehensive because it is prepared in a controlled environment
- Maintainability built-in by skid system engineers who constantly improve their designs to make access easy (maintenance and CIP) and use components that keep running with minimum downtime
Features of Engineered Packaged-Liquid Process Skidded System:
- Combine multiple pieces of processing equipment onto a common framework
- Modular design allows for decreased installation cost
- Parallel build to other plant improvements or build of a new plant
- Expensive fabrication equipment owned by the skidded system provider
- Complete with all interconnecting piping, valves, instruments and wiring
- Control packages can be preprogrammed, and shop tested
- Electrical connections verified and tested in shop
- Easy hookup and removal in the processing plant
- Easy transportation to the plant site
- Utility and CIP piping can be installed and tested in the shop
- FAT Testing can be completed prior to shipment
- Single field connection point for utility connections
- Turnkey responsibility for one end-to-end subprocess
- No inventory of system individual components; piping, valves, and fittings
Since the 1980s, Anderson Dahlen has been evolving modular (skidded) systems for food processing. As the efficiency gains and cost improvements in skidded systems became more significant, weve seen a process evolution. Old components and control systems are being replaced with newer equipment and technology. Skidded systems are becoming more and more sophisticated with significant automation engineering involved.
Today Anderson Dahlens modern skidded systems leverage technology to create sophisticated and easy to operate process machinery for our customers. Including better graphics, improved techniques for interacting with the HMIs, simpler alarm management, and so forth. With our modular systems, customers are experiencing higher product quality, low product waste, and increased efficiency. The end goal is to increase product quality and reduce cost, both targeting higher profits.
Anderson Dahlen specializes in a wide variety of skidded systems:
- Skids for IBC totes and barrel unloading. This is a great fit for our work as a Graco pump and unloader distributor. We stock the pumps from Graco, have full repair capability, and stock repair parts
- Pharmaceutical skidded systems for personal care products. The higher viscosity of the fluids handled with these systems is an area our engineering teams have excelled in the food industry
- Product mixing, dosing, and metering skids. These have application across all the industry verticals and require engineering expertise to get the automation and control systems right
- High-Temperature Short Time (HTST) Skids. Critical in biopharma and food pasteurization processes, these systems usually have to heat exchangers. Great for killing viruses with temperature. The strict CIP requirements are an area Anderson Dahlen excels with its food processing history
- WFI skidded systems and CIP systems. WFI Water-for-Injection skids are in high demand in the pharmaceutical industry for pharmaceutical processing. These modular skid systems are also widely used in the food, biotech, and beverage industries. Anderson Dahlens high-quality pressure vessel manufacturing capabilities are natural to expand into these high purity water systems.
Meet the team behind our skidded systems.
Our new lead project manager for skidded systems is Terry Voigt. Terry is a very experienced process and design engineer for food, dairy, beverage, and pharmaceutical industry skidded systems. He started in the dairy industry right out of college in 1985 and has delivered a long list of successful skid systems for a variety of companies. He brings hands-on experience in skid system operation, design, and installation.
Experienced Director Of Engineering with a demonstrated history of working in the machinery industry. Skilled in Engineering Management, Process Engineering, Engineering, Project Engineering, and Business Process Improvement.
FATs With Craftsmanship, Unmatched Documentation, Compliance & Craftsmanship
A satisfied customer and dedication to engineering quality is our main goal when we start any project. Once completed you can ensure that it is held to our strict standards, meets any regulations and complex specifications your project may require.
From design-build to fabricating to specs, customers can expect a final product fully assembled, tested, and integrated ready for production. Factory Acceptance Tests are just one piece of the complete list of inspections, quality checks, and verification we do to ensure high standards are met and a quality final product is delivered.
A Single, Complete Integrator To A Perfect Final Product
Engineering, project management, fabrication, manufacturing, welding, assembly, testing, and installation make Anderson Dahlen your large scale ‘one-stop-shop’ for custom processing equipment.
A wide range of class-leading equipment all housed in our state-of-the-art facility offers improved time to delivery and cost reductions. Removing 3rd party services, and controlling quality get you a turnkey processing system ready for production.Full List of Capabilities
Advanced In-House Engineering
8 degreed engineers and 11 CAD experts have the ability to save money and materials in making your parts manufacturable.
Unmatched Quality & Testing
7 CWIs on staff combined with Portable FaroArm, CMM, & UT Inspections is just the beginning to our committment to quality. More on Quality & Certifications
Advanced Machining & Welding
State of the art facility with our new Toshiba BP-150.R35 says it all (236″ x 138″ x 87″ milling capabilities). Cut production costs and improve quality by keeping all capabilities under one roof.